Sunday, January 27, 2008

You won't grow weary

Today in church, we were singing "Everlasting God", and one of the stanza's just hit me.

"You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You will not faint
You won't grow weary"

The last line of that made me think. No matter what, God is patient with us. He gives us unlimited "second" tries. Romans 2:4 says, "Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?" It's obvious that patience is a part of God's character.

Then I started to think about my own patience. I seem to loose my temper pretty quickly. I'm quick to get angry, to shout and curse. I let the smallest things get under my skin, irritate me, cause me to loose my temper and become upset.

I don't want to be short tempered, I don't want to be quick to anger, I don't want to be annoyed easily, to be upset at the small things. After all, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." (Galatians 5:22-23)

No comments: