Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Ignorance...

Is ignorance really bliss?
Finally, one of my classes has got me thinking (it's about time!). Is ignorance really bliss? We were talking in Ethics today about music sharing and pirated movies (which are very prolific down here). Bob had said something about just ignoring the ethics about it, which provoked this comment from me... "I think I'm really good at shutting it off. I think if I sat down and thought about it, I might have more of a problem with it, if only because I know some musicians, so I know how it can effect them, and I know the effort that goes in to making a movie." So that just got me to thinking... How do I feel about file-sharing and buying pirated movies? More importantly, how does God want me to feel about sharing music and "stealing" movies? More to come...

No comments: