Wednesday, March 1, 2006

Human Nature...

We had an opportunity today, at an Ash Wednesday service, to have a confession of sorts. We were to write down things we needed or wanted to confess, on a piece of paper, and then put it in a vase of oil. The oil represented God's Grace, as our sins slowly were engulfed and sank into the oil. It was a very neat idea, and I liked it very much.

But, one thing I noticed is that nearly everyone folded their piece of paper with their confessions in half. I did so myself, so I'm not judging any one, but I thought it was interesting. It's almost as if, even when confessing, we don't want anyone to know what we're confessing. Even if we were confessing something that we did against someone else, we hide it. It seems like when we're confessing, we don't really want to confess...

No comments: